Cramer Hall 1721 SW Broadway, Portland, Oregon 97201
Click Here for Location Map
Cramer Hall stands on the block between SW Park, Montgomery, Broadway, and Mill. Lincoln Hall is to the north, Smith Center to the south. Cramer has five floors above ground, and a basement and sub-basement. Tunnels lead to Lincoln and Smith, and skybridges from the third floor to Lincoln, and from the third and fourth floors to Smith. The third floor bridge to Smith is open to the air, the other two are enclosed.
The building houses a number of administrative offices, including the President's Office, the Provost's Office, and the Office of Academic Affairs, classrooms, and many departments, from Anthropology and Economics to History, Psychology, Geography and Geology.
Cramer was built in three phases between 1955 and 1970. The first phase (1955-1958), designed by Lawrence, Tucker & Wallmann, consisted of the northwest corner of the current building, including a tunnel and skybridge to Lincoln Hall. Phase Two (1957-1958), designed by the same firm, added the southeast quadrant. The other two quadrants were not built until 1968-1970, and were designed by Wolff, Zimmer, Gunsul, Frasca. The building contains a total of 239,564 square feet.